This Midwestern classic is perfect at any outdoor outing, but is perfect for tailgates and ballgames! Crispy onions on top are the perfect touch.
- 6 Pack of Beer (insider tip: the cheapter the better!)
- 4-5 Medium White or Yellow Onions
- 12 Pack of Brats
- 3 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 Cup of Salted Butter
- Package of Brat Buns
- Cut your onions into rings
- Combine butter, 5 of the beers, the cut onions, flakes and garlic power in a large slow cooker or pot.
- Add the brats to the mix after 5 minutes, or when the mix is hot to the touch
- Simmer Brats for 15-20 minutes, until the brats are fully cooked
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Place the buns open-faced on the grill for a 1-2 Minutes (until they're very slightly toasted)
- Throw the brats on the grill to brown them (don't burn them!!)
- Serve brats on Buns Immediately
- Crack open the last can of beer and enjoy!