This delicious black bean recipe is the perfect side dish to any of your main entrees. It’s also a perfect main course if you serve it with quinoa or rice with all the toppings!
- 1 large onion- chopped
- 4 cans of black beans- drained
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 chipotle pepper- chopped (you can increase the number of chipotle peppers depending on desired spiciness)
- Olive oil
- Optional Ingredients to serve with beans: Quinoa or rice, cheese, avocado
- Coat bottom of pan with olive oil.
- Place onions in pan and sauté until browned.
- Add tablespoon of garlic and cook for about 2 minutes with onions.
- Next add black beans, bouillon cubes and chipotle pepper to the onions and garlic and let all ingredients simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with quinoa or rice and top with cheese and avocado.