This smoked brisket will be the highlight of your tailgate party. It’s packed full of flavor and requires minimal ingredients!
Although this brisket is time-consuming, it is worth it in the end. This recipe is packed with flavor and will have all your tailgating guests raving about this meat.
- 5 pound Brisket flat
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Trim the large pieces of fat off the brisket.
- Mix together the brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt and black pepper until well combined.
- Rub all sides of the brisket with the spice mixture. Let the brisket sit in the refrigerator over night or for a few hours. Make sure to remove brisket about 1 hour before cooking so that it can rest at room temperature.
- Set up the grill so that there is a steady temperature of about 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to place a drip pan on the indirect side of the grill to create smoke
- Once grill is set place the brisket on the indirect side of the grill over the drip pan and add smoke.
- Cook so that the internal temperature of the brisket reaches 195 degrees or higher. Normally it takes about 5 hours. Make sure to flip the brisket around the 3rd hour.
- Remove brisket from the grill and wrap it in tin foil and towels.
- Allow brisket to rest for about 1-2 hours before slicing thin across the grain to serve.