One of the best dips known to man!!
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp to 1/4 cup of minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 Serrano chillies, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Cut avocado, remove flesh: Cut the avocados in half. Remove seed. Score the inside of the avocado with a blunt knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. (See How to Cut and Peel an Avocado.) Place in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork: Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
- Add salt, lime juice, and the rest: Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemon) juice.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, black pepper, and chiles. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness.
- Place plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole cover it and to prevent air reaching it.
- Chilling tomatoes hurts their flavor, so if you want to add chopped tomato to your guacamole, add it just before serving.