New York Strip Steaks marinated in one of the most delicious marinades made with Jack Daniel’s Whiskey and Soy Sauce. Our favorite steak house meal made at home!
- 8oz New York strip steaks (varies depending on how many people you want to serve)
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- Pepper for taste
- Place the steaks in a pan that is large enough to hold all 4. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whiskey, soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, and fresh ground pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks, turning the steaks once or twice to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinade over night, or at least for 4 hours, in the refrigerator, turning it once while in the fridge.
- Remove steaks from fridge 30 minutes before you are ready to grill. Set up the charcoal grill for direct grilling.
- Drain the marinade off the steak and discard the marinade. Place the steak on the hot grate and grill until cooked to taste, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the grilled steaks to a cutting board and let the steak rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.