Mac and cheese is the perfect side dish that everyone is sure to love. This dish will be gone in minutes so double the recipe if serving a large group!
- 24 ounces of either rigatoni, cellentani or penne pasta
- 4 cups cooked chicken or turkey, chopped or shredded
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 small red onions- chopped
- 7 garlic cloves- minced
- 2 15 oz. cans sweet creamed corn
- 8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese- cubed
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 4 tablespoons Frank's hot WINGS Sauce
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 9 strips bacon- cooked and crumbled
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and set it aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat about one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute onions for about 5 minutes until they are soft and golden brown. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add creamed corn, cream cheese, 1/2 cup milk, 3-4 tablespoons of Franks wing sauce (more if you like it spicy) and all spices.
- Once the cream cheese is melted stir in the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Add the cooked chicken or bacon and pasta. Stir all ingredients until chicken/bacon and pasta are coated!
- Serve warm!