Looking for a Lo-Carb, light, but tasty & filling tailgate recipe? Take a look at our spin on lettuce wraps!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce
- Large lettuce leaves (Bibb or iceberg)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- Blue cheese, for serving
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Combine the chicken, onions, celery stalk (1), garlic, and broth in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth, and discard the rest. Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes (I just kept mine on warm for another hour or two).
- Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the reserved broth and the hot sauce.
- Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes (I just kept mine on warm for another hour or two).
- Serve chicken on lettuce cups, topped with buffalo chicken, shredded carrots, chopped celery, blue cheese, and ranch dressing, if desired.