This slow cooker white chicken chili will surely be one of you go to recipes! It’s super easy to make and loaded with flavor. People will constantly be asking for seconds!
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 yellow onions- diced
- 4 cloves garlic- minced
- 48 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 4 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 4 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
- 2 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cups half and half
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese softened
- Sliced jalapeños
- Sliced avocados
- Sour cream
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips
- Shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
- Add chicken breasts to slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro on top of the chicken and stir everything together.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred it. Place shredded chicken back in the slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half. Mix everything together and cook on high for about 15 minutes. The chili should look thick and creamy.
- Serve chili with desired toppings.