Are you looking for a chili recipe that’ll compliment another chili at your tailgate? Try this Sweet pineapple black been turkey chili recipe! It’s healthier than most, and the pineapple really gives it a sweet kick that your team will love!
- 2.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs of Ground Turkey
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cup pineapple tidbits from a can, drained
- One 15.5 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- One 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- Optional shredded cheddar cheese, chopped avocado, minced onion, tortilla chips, etc. for serving
Optional Add ons
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream / Greek Yogurt
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/2 minced onion
- Tortilla chips
- Heat olive oilI in on a grill ready skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey, salt, pepper, and chili powder to Skillet.
- Cook turkey completely and break it up in tiny pieces.
- Add onions and peppers, and saute for another 2-3 minutes, until onion starts to become translucent.
- Transfer the mixture to your slow cooker, then add carrots, pineapple, black beans, and crushed tomatoes, and stir.
- Cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with toppings and enjoy!