History

The 2,195-seat Ray Lavietes Pavilion at the Briggs Athletic Center in Allston, Massachusetts is the home of the Harvard Crimson men’s and women’s basketball team. The venue opened in 1926, but it didn’t become the home of the basketball team until 1982. The facility is named after former Harvard Dean and NCAA President LeBaron Russell Briggs and two-time basketball letterman Ray Lavietes.

In 1982, the Briggs Athletic Center was remodeled to accommodate basketball. A little over a decade later, in 1995 and 1996, the facility underwent a $2.1 million refurbishment.

In addition to being the home of the Crimson basketball team, the Briggs Athletic Center also served as the home of the Harvard indoor track team until 1981.

Historic Events

History

The 2,195-seat Ray Lavietes Pavilion at the Briggs Athletic Center in Allston, Massachusetts is the home of the Harvard Crimson men’s and women’s basketball team. The venue opened in 1926, but it didn’t become the home of the basketball team until 1982. The facility is named after former Harvard Dean and NCAA President LeBaron Russell Briggs and two-time basketball letterman Ray Lavietes.

In 1982, the Briggs Athletic Center was remodeled to accommodate basketball. A little over a decade later, in 1995 and 1996, the facility underwent a $2.1 million refurbishment.

In addition to being the home of the Crimson basketball team, the Briggs Athletic Center also served as the home of the Harvard indoor track team until 1981.

Historic Events